Monday, August 2, 2010

Update

It has been quite a while since I've posted. I actually was prompted to write after seeing that my sister was starting a blog focusing on her devotional times with the Lord. It was a little reminder that I haven't been very consistent with my blogging. I often think to write, but it just tends to be one of those things that gets placed on the back burner while I focus on other tasks. Anyway, I guess I'll give a little update of what has been going on over the past year.

August 2009
I returned from my much needed trip to Costa Rica. It was an excellent time of prayer, reading, learning and regrouping to return to school in September. The Gonzalez family was incredibly hospitable, gracious, and encouraging throughout my stay. I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to be immersed in their culture and to have learned so much from their testimonies and love for the Lord. I look back on that time with thankfulness and gratitude that the Lord opened up the doors for me to go. I will always have a special place in my heart for the people of Costa Rica especially la familia Gonzalez.

September 2009-May 2010
I attended my first year at Evangelical Institute of Biblical Training (EI) in Greenville, South Carolina. It would take quite a bit of time to list all the many truths that the Lord has taught me, challenges I've gone through, and other experiences I've gone through over the past year. They most certainly are not all glamorous and exciting, and in fact, some experiences I had were incredibly difficult things to go through and learn from. However, I am once again thankful that the Lord placed me there and quite confidant that in everything He has a purpose to fulfill, and my role is to glorify Him through those circumstances. He has been faithful and upheld me throughout every trial.

May 2010-Now
I stayed in Greenville for the summer to work. God blessed me with housing and also with two jobs, one as a nanny and one in the infant room at a daycare. They have definitely kept me busy and have at times been quite stressful and difficult, but I'm thankful to have a job when it is such a hard to time to find work.

If everything goes according to my current plan, I will be going back to EI in September to complete my studies there. I am praying for strength for the coming year. Right now, another exhausting year is the last thing I desire to face, but I know that He will supply all my need and give me the strength I need for each day.

After EI
I have almost constantly had people ask me what I plan to do after EI. Honestly, I have no idea, and I'm not too worried about it. I am prayerfully seeking the Lord's guidance and what He would have me do, but I'm not spending too much time trying to plan out my life. That doesn't mean that I don't have my hopes, desires, and dreams, but in the end, I believe that God is going to do a much better job of planning my life out than I ever will, so I am placing my faith and confidence in Him. What He wants from me is that I glorify, serve, and honor Him in THIS moment, in THIS place, and in THESE relationships.

No comments: